Monday, March 17, 2008

An Awesome learning experience

The creation of this blog and so forth have been an awesome learning experience. I try to stay on top but there is so much that I learned and so many ways I will be able to use what I learned.

My favorite discoveries on this learning journey were finding LibraryThing and using it, learning about tagging and Del.icio.us (social bookmarking site), On-Line Image Generator, including FD Toys, Comic Strip Generator, Custom Signs Generator, Image Chef, and Generator Blog and especially creating my own blog and wiki that I plan to continue. I plan to continue learning and using what I had the opportunity to find and explore.
Web 2.0 has affected my lifelong learning goals in a very positive way, I have become more aware of what is available to teach with and use in the classroom.
An unexpected outcome of this program would be the fact that I blog, journaling was not something I enjoyed doing before and I was not open to allowing others to know what I was thinking or read what I was learning. I have found the reflection is wonderful. The Web 2.0 was awesome and a wonderful learning experience.

1 comment:

A said...

Dear Cyndi,

I just wanted to make sure that you were invited to our education "Blogger Summit". We hope you can make it and feel free to share this invitation with any other bloggers in the area that might be interested. The invitation is attached below.

Alex
ED In '08 Blogger Summit
--------------------------------

Strong American Schools is excited to announce the ED in '08 Blogger Summit. Conference details are as follows:

May 14th - 15th
Palomar Hotel, Washington DC
Registration is Free!

An opening reception is scheduled on the evening of Wednesday, May 14th. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served before the screening of a new documentary film on education, Two Million Minutes. A Q&A session with the filmmakers is set to follow.

Then join us for an all-day conference on May 15th. Nowhere else will you have an opportunity to meet and network with fellow education bloggers, participate in panels, attend workshops, and help tackle some tough questions on the state of education in America. Highlights include a speech from keynote speaker Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the House.

Space is limited, so be sure to RSVP today!

Register at http://edin08.com/bloggersummit/