Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Google search or del.icio.us search

I had read in Will Richardson's site in his reference to Brian Smith’s point -- when he looks for information he tends to do a del.icio.us search rather than a google search. I thought I would do a little experiment.

So my experiment use 1) Google search …. I did yesterday and came up with some ideas for Silk Road 2) today I would try a different and possibly better way to search – do a del.icio.us search (social bookmarking) which I had never used before. This is fantastic what I came up with for “The Silk Road” and the quality of the first page findings was better related. It was interesting and different.. Must check into more it looks like great possibilities for me to use.

I heard Will Richardson speak at last years PETE&C and he was fantastic. I also have his book, Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms and since starting this course the book makes so much more sense. At his website you can see his resources on (my stuff) in Pageflakes and also links to school bloggers.


No comments: