Saturday, February 9, 2008

Web 2.0 award-winning applications and Ning

Web 2.0 Award Winners can be found at found at Seomoz .
This site is better to find Web 2.0 applications I ended up overwhelmed when I went on a quest to see how many Web 2.0 tools are available. Maybe not but I still got sidetracked and have to pull myself back to after looking to see how much a flat would cost in London using housingmaps (when my daughter was looking for a flat she used something like this) a 2 bedroom garden flat £510 per week. Bills not included. ($1,020.00 a week plus bills?)

Now back to work using the search word books I found Library Thing which I enjoyed earlier. When I have time I would like to add books. Under blog I found BlogLines and Technorati which I was a little familiar with thanks to this course. There are many ways these could be used in the classroom setting. It seems I need to play for awhile and then I am better able ot think of how I would use this.

I am a little familiar with nings --the PSLA ning from an email this past summer from Joyce Valenza. I didn’t join until just now but it looks like a great way to stay up to date and I knew others on the ning. My page.

I checked out the following -- Library 2.0, ALA Members, Teacher-Librarian, or Teachers2.0

TeacherLibrarian ning again from Joyce Valenza is a well know ning offering even more information. I joined this yesterday. It was neat I received Naveed Ahmad left a comment for CybrarianCyndi Feb 7 I tried using the TeacherLibrarianNetwork Badge to put on this blog but it cut a portion off. Maybe I will try again later.

Travel IQ was interesting and after playing some games I found I could look at blogs and pictures and so forth of other countries and even get airfare prices.

No comments: