Thursday, February 7, 2008

LibraryThing

LibraryThing is something that I took some time to learn and use this morning. I had heard about it before but never took the time. Let me tell you it is worth the time to look at and see where it fits your need.
LibraryThing, created by Tim Spalding (www.isidore-of-seville.com, www.ancientlibrary.com, www.bramblestory.com and mothboard.com), gathers information using the Z39.50 protocol to retrieve information from open access collections including the Library of Congress and world libraries. LibraryThing is an online tool for cataloging (members have cataloged over 23 million books! LibraryThing, allows me to get recommendations, blog my books, tag and explore other’s tags and easily create a book library and catalog books that I can then access from anywhere. LibraryThing has been described as “the world’s largest book club”, "MySpace for books" or "Facebook for books" with reading suggestions and book recommendations. It took but a few seconds to put in my list: A Whole New Mind: Moving from the Information Age to the Conceptual Age by Daniel H. Pink.
Information came from reading taking the tour and using LibraryThing and this website http://www.librarything.com/. This is definately well worth the time!

No comments: