Wednesday, February 6, 2008

RSS Feeds, setting up a Blog reader account, Locating blogs of interest

RSS (Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication – a file format that delivers updated information through the Internet) feeds are changing the way information is consumed and shared. Blogs write in a code or feed called XML similar to HTML.

I went to Bloglines.com (I can access it from an Internet connection anywhere), set up my account. It was very easy subscribing to the sites. Actually I got a little carried away with 35 sites and then went back earlier tonight and cut a few out. I put my blogroll on my blog. This was a very interesting week and one that I feel will become more and more important. It will be so much easier to keep abreast of new information in technologies and library with the RSS feeds coming directly to me and I do not have to go searching. There are probably blogs I will eliminate and other blogs I will add as time goes by.

No comments: